Why you should keep your carburetor
Custom Rebuilding and Restoring
(1) Original carburetors are getting more scarce and harder to find every day.
(2) You will never get a original complete carburetor again unless you pay big dollars for an original core and if you can find one.
(3) All over the counter carburetors are made out of bins of mixed body parts.
(4) Original carburetors were made specially for the engine size, vehicle type and option it came with from the factory. Over the counter carburetors are not they are made to fit a GROUP of different vehicles engine sizes and years. Ever notice when you ask for one they will say it will fit from this year to that year. This is no good!
(5) If the carburetor you had on your vehicle ran good at one time we can make it run good again.
(6) Three out of five carburetors bought over the counter fail.
(7) By having us rebuild your carburetor, we inspect it prior to rebuilding to give you some insight as to what caused it to fail such as contaminants, age etc. We try to help you fix the problem so it does not happen again.
(8) A large number of carburetor bodies are mix matched and modified to meet certain applications ( there not original)
(9) Due to demand and carburetors not being made anymore, most over the counter carburetors have been rebuilt more times then they should have been causing them to fail.
(10) Most over the counter carburetors use cheap non OEM parts.
(11) Most rebuilders only wash and glasbead there carburetors they do not rechromate them. (Gold Color)